CLASSIC & DURABLE
Faux wood blinds have slats that are made from a plastic polymers that are engineered to withstand high moisture, sunlight, and even an active environment. These blinds come in a variety of colors, finishes, and accessories.
In addition to faux wood, composite blinds are a compromise between real wood and faux wood. Composite combines plastics and wood materials to provide a lighter, more natural feeling blind that can still endure moisture.
PROS & CONS
- Easy care and cleaning
- Slats are durable and flexible, engineered to resist warping, cracking, or fading.
- Suited for high moisture areas (e.g. bathrooms, kitchens, etc.)
- Heavier material to lift, esp. with larger blinds. Composite is a lighter option, but still heavier than real wood.
- More lift & ladder cords at larger widths; can appear cluttered. Composite can have less than faux wood, but still more than real wood.
- Limited selection of natural wood-like appearances